Job Title: Ad-hoc staff
Job Type: contract
Sector: National Population Commission
Application Deadline: Note Specified
Apply for NPC E-recruitment
Ahead of the 2023 Population and Housing Census, The National Population Commission has officially launched its e-recruitment portal to recruit ad hoc staff for the 2023 national population and housing census. Speaking at the launching of the portal in Abuja, the Chairman, National Population Commission, Nasir Isa-Kwarra, stressed that it is crucial to have best hands for the census. Apply for NPC E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census
The Census Manager, Inuwa Jalingo, said the Commission was expected to receive over 25 million applications for the available jobs, adding that there was a need for the process to be competitive, reliable and transparent. He said, “The adoption of e-Recruitment approach is to ensure widespread applications from all over the localities in the country, minimise bias and ascertain that all qualified Nigerians are given equal opportunity to apply and be recruited and ensuring that no one is left behind. Apply for NPC E-recruitment For 2023 Census
“The Commission adopts e-Recruitment portal to recruit ad hoc staff for the 2023 Population and Housing Census. This portal has been tested during Pre-test and Trial Census and has been greatly improved to serve different category of ad-hoc staff.” Earlier, the Director, Employment and Wages at the Ministry of Labour and Productivity, Gloria Ndifon, commended the Commission, and said that e-recruitment was the new development as the world had become more digital. Apply for NPC E-recruitment For 2023 Census
Below are the certain requirements that prospective employees must fulfil before going to the NPC portal as Jalingo said the process has to be competitive, reliable and transparent;
- The prospective NPC ad-hoc staff must have a valid National Identification Number (NIN). The unique NIN number identifies one for life and is issued by NIMC after enrolment. It is used to match one’s biometric data and other details in the National Identity Database during verification and authentication, so a candidate who doesn’t have his/her NIN number can’t enrol.
- The applicant must also have a functional Gmail Account. With a functional Gmail account, such a candidate will have access to get important messages passed across to him/her.
- The prospect must have a valid and functional phone number. When a candidate does not have a functional phone, it will be hard for a such candidate to be reached or called.
- The prospect must have an operational commercial bank account (No student/NYSC Account). This implies that such a candidate should not have a student account or NYSC Account, whatever account one chooses to provide must not be any of these two.
- The prospect must have valid educational qualifications. Educational qualifications refer to the official confirmation, usually in the form of a certificate, diploma, or degree, certifying the successful completion of an education program or a stage of a program, so such a candidate must have certificates such as a Secondary diploma, high school diploma, Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or Doctorate degree.
- The prospect must be knowledgeable on how to use computers, tablets and smartphones. The applicant will work with the computer to generate data, store and process them, and as such must be computer literate.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly click the Official Application Portal Apply for NPC E-recruitment For 2023 Census