Job Title: Project Director
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 years and above
Application Deadline: Note Specified
We are seeking a talented, motivated and adaptable individual to support the Managing Director and the senior leadership team as Project Director. The ideal candidate is a multifaceted individual who will work closely with the Managing Director in a job shadow capacity. As a co-strategist, implementer, and trusted advisor, the successful candidate will lead the execution of strategic initiatives for the Managing Director and leadership team and will also ensure streamlined activities within the organization to improve the daily management of the organisation based on the priorities of the Managing Director.
This is a highly hands-on and analytical role, involving intense program management and broad technical knowledge covering financial management, supply chain and school operations management. The Project Director should have a proven track record of exceptional performance driving strategic initiatives and projects to completion.
- Ensure that the programme’s termly and annual milestones are attained on schedule
- Manage & update the programme operational calendar
- Ensure appropriate follow through on actions, decisions, and commitments made by the
- Managing Director by working with the parties responsible for implementation
- Attend functional team meetings to keep a pulse on the business and help connect dots
- with others across the organisation
- Assess inquiries directed to the Managing Director, determine the proper course of action
- and delegate to the appropriate individual to manage
- Assist the Managing Director in facilitating effective decision-making
- Continuously improve the programme’s performance
- Coordinate the execution of strategic initiatives
- Prepare periodic business performance and market analysis, business trends and provide insight with the aim to increase operational efficiency
- Deliver business planning processes (forecasts, budgets, long-range plans) including analysis of variances with relevant commentary to support management decision making
- Translate business requirements to technical requirements. This includes using powerful analysis and modelling tools to match strategic business objectives with practical technical solutions
- Create organizational dashboards and reports to support effective decision making and cross-company communications of business performance status
- Monitor and review departmental spending vs. budget to ensure optimal spending anD ensure funds are directed towards projects that generate the highest return on investmenT (ROI)
- Ensure that the School Inspection Team (our internal quality assurance team) is driving compliance to school policies and processes at the school level
- Oversee the activities of the School Inspection team which is in charge of auditing our school operations (facilities, materials & supplies, personnel and processes) against our set of standards and policies to ensure all schools maintain an environment where teaching and learning thrive.
Job Requirements/ Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university with an excellent academic record. Quantitative undergraduate degrees, and advanced degrees such as an MBA are preferred.
- 5+ years of executive level experience in reputable companies from which you have outstanding records of professional achievement. You should have at least one experience that required highly independent work in an exceedingly challenging environment such as in management consulting, finance or in a start-up.
- Excellent project management skills including being incredibly organised with calendars, gantt charts, trackers, and have the ability to systematically follow up and support senior leaders with their deliverables across a broad set of projects/strategic initiatives.
- Solid functional knowledge, including but not limited to strategy, operations, HR, supply chain, customer experience management, finance, project management,
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills. You need to be able to see patterns, be a fast thinker and a good decision maker
- Advanced MS Excel/spreadsheets skills, and mastery of presentation/reporting tools such as MS Word/Google docs & MS PowerPoint/Google slides.
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking), which enable you to communicate complex ideas effectively to people at all levels in the organisation.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment. You should have a proven track record of working strategically and collaboratively with senior leaders across different functional areas
- Strong willed, a fast learner and able to effect changes fast. You should be able to flourish in dynamic, ambiguous environments, to produce high quality work with very short deadlines, effectively prioritize work among multiple competing demands, and adapt to unexpected work demands.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly click the application Portal